Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion H8-1120a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I currently have a Ralink dual stream 802.11n wireless lan card but am unable to miracast, would a newer lan card assist me and if so which would be the most suitable card

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

None of the components in your PC support wireless display on W10

Not the processor, graphics or the wireless card--and only the processor supports wireless display on W7/8.1.

You may want to look into an external screen mirroring/Miracast device such as a Chromecast device or similar.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul

I was able to miracast successfully to a Wecast dongle prior to a system crash and complete reload of software win7 then upgrade to win10. now no go. 

I was running a win 10 upgrade at the time. Any ideas??

Cheers

Lindsay

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't.

Here are the wireless display requirements for Intel platforms...

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000014932/emerging-technologies.html

If your PC has two antenna cables connected to the Ralink wifi card in there now, you could upgrade the card.

Let me know if it does, and I will give you the link to a nice Intel AC wifi card with bluetooth, that is wireless display capable.

I'm surprised the Ralink card is even working on the latest build of W10. 

They normally disappear from the device manager on the latest couple of builds.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul

On inspection I have a minute little card RT6392 which is internal with no aerials you would have to think that it was upgradable.

Many Thanks 

Lindsay

HP Recommended

The product specs show that your PC has an internal card that looks like this...the antenna cables attach to the two terminals at the top of the card.

If you upgraded the card with some other type model, or there are no antenna cables inside the case, unfortunately I don't know of any other wifi cards you can upgrade to.

The below card would be lying flat on the motherboard with the antennas going to it.

Wireless card - top view

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul 

Thats certainly it. Could i use a USB wireless lan??

Just clutching at straws

Cheers

Lindsay

HP Recommended

Hi:

If there are two antennas connected to that card I posted the picture of, you can remove and replace it with this card...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

The card is readily available on eBay or Amazon, and doesn't cost much at all.

Do your search by the HP part number, not by the model number of the wireless card.

As far as an external usb wifi adapter, I don't know which ones are wireless display capable.

I just tried my Linksys AE3000 USB dual band wifi adapter, and the PC 'sees' both my Roku and Samsung smart TV but won't connect to either of them.

My PC also has an Intel 2nd generation core processor and is running W10.

HP Recommended

Thanks agian Paul I'll try both and see how I go

Cheers

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Cheers,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.