Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi Paul

Just to round things off and FYI

I did a full recovery back to the original windows home premium, updated it to Ultimate, made sure all updates and drivers were current. then did the upgrade to windows 10 pro and reupdated the drivers and voila maracast enabled and working.

However when Windows 10 did an automatic update I was back to square 1 with no miracast capability. In process now of repating these steps but will not do the final update for Win 10.

I think the important step was ensuring the appropriate drivers for my Realtek hardware driver version 9.1.406.2015

Cheers

Lindsay W

HP Recommended

That is great news, Lindsay.

If it is a routine Windows update causing the Miracast to quit working, if you can figure out which one it is, you may be able to hide that update and prevent it from installing.

Run the Hide Windows Update utility...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026726/windows-hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.