Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In about a month, i'm going to buy the GTX 1060, i have checked the prices and all, and it seems like an average gpu, good for gaming with 1080p . I'm not an expert at computer stuff, i would call myself a beginner. I would just like to know if the GTX 1060 would fit in my HP Pavilion 590-p and if i need to buy anything else other than the graphics card, for it to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

THX @wb2001 

Indeed @Demi_Z  with this power supply, you can best install a gtx 1050
you have an example here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-590-p0000a/19390500/product-info

That being said, if it's a gtx 1060 your choice, you shouldn't expect to play powerful games in high resolution.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello
to be able to try to answer, some information is missing
we need the exact model of the computer!

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

Regarding whether the graphics card can be integrated, we can not answer
Depending on the manufacturer, the model, the dimensions may be different, so you just have to measure the available space!

then, you have to check the power required, your computer may have too low a power supply, and depending on the computer, replacement may be very difficult or impossible.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

My product number is: 4CK76EA#ABU

Product name: HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx

HP Recommended

@Demi_Z,

PSU in those units have a HP proprietary designed unit.  Here is my spreadsheet, and your request made the list months ago. Your HP PAVILION 590-P0024NA and the GTX 1060 would require a 400W PSU.  The L04618-800 is the most popular.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

THX @wb2001 

Indeed @Demi_Z  with this power supply, you can best install a gtx 1050
you have an example here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-590-p0000a/19390500/product-info

That being said, if it's a gtx 1060 your choice, you shouldn't expect to play powerful games in high resolution.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@Prométhée,

Re-look at my spreadsheet. The "green X" means a user reported back to me the actual upgrade.

This OP is very confused.  Title says GTX 1660,  words say GTX 1060 ??

Specs: GTX 1060 is 120W,  GTX 1660 is 130W.

GTX 1050Ti is 75W depending on manufacturer and may have a 6 pin PCIe requirement.

The GTX 1060 beats the GTX 1050TI by 70%

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-3GB-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/3646vs3649

The GTX 1660 beats the GTX 1050Ti almost double

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/4038vs3649

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I've decided to get a GTX 1050 Ti since its way cheaper and its the better one for my desktop pc. Do you know any online shops (eg. Amazon) where i could buy it for cheap.Thanks for the advice.

HP Recommended

@Demi_Z,

I am linking you to NewEgg for your own lookup and research on prices.  Look at the card very carefully. Stay away from EVGA has you will see they require a 6 pin power PCIe plug which your 180W doe snot have.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Thank you so much!!! I'll head to newegg and look for some good priced 1050 ti, thanks a lot for all the help, hopefully this graphic card can last me for at least 2/3 years. Today's games are improving a lot and they're requirements are becoming even bigger every day so ig its good to start upgrading. thx again

HP Recommended

What;'s the difference between EVGA and VGA???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.