Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 24f0051

I need to replace my motherboard on my HP 24f0051 and was wondering is there only one model of motherboard to use with this desktop or do I have other options ? 

Thank you for your help . 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It seems you have had a problem with the video since January 2021

Possibly recent (2022 and 2023) bios updates might help;.  it is always dangerous to update bios but it seem you want to replace your motherboard

read about the driver and bios updates here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-all-in-one-pc-24-f0000i/38096259/model/22909884

note there are 3 ROM ID versions of the bios

BeemerBiker_0-1678298620705.png

Please look into your BIOS settings and see if you have

8431, 8446 or 84DE 

then download the correct bios.

If you already have the latest bios then possibly the video driver. There are about 16 releases of the video driver, pick the one that matches your OS.

I was unable to find a replacement motherboard at eBay.

If you are running windows 11, consider going back to windows 10.  If so, what is your product ID?

I am a retired Principal Analyst, and a community volunteer.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

HP Recommended

@arodgers66 wrote:

I need to replace my motherboard on my HP 24f0051 and was wondering is there only one model of motherboard to use with this desktop or do I have other options ?

your computer should be this

HP 24-f0051 All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications

Motherboard Specifications, Lazio

SSID: 8431

so

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-all-in-one-pc-24-f0000i/38096259

Motherboard Specifications, Tuscany-R

eventually you could maybe install this motherboard available in the same series

but see the cost, because it will also require a new processor, and the risk, fragile computer, without any certainty that it can work
Sometimes it will be better to buy a new computer, if what @BeemerBiker  told you does not work / not possible!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response . The computer will not turn on and my tech is telling me the motherboard is dead and needs to be replaced . I am located in Costa Rica and for them to order one is very expensive and it is not easy to find the replacement motherboard for it so I was wondering if there are any other models of motherboards that would work with it ? Will only model L03377-001 N97B work with it ? Sorry , but my knowledge of tech is not very strong . 

HP Recommended

hi

since @BeemerBiker    answered first, I'll leave answer priority

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Did you try the windows key + "B" bios recovery?

There are 3 steps, the 3rd one is the "B" one.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_3932413-2337994-16

HP Recommended

Would this work if the computer will not even turn on ?

HP Recommended

@arodgers66 wrote:

Would this work if the computer will not even turn on ?

No, but if the fans spin and the keyboard works

AND an external monitor can show what is being typed then possibly.

You have a Lazio motherboard as shown here.

The CPU is soldered to the PCB so all you can salvage from the non working motherboard are the memory sticks and the  heat sink/ cooler.

There are 5 Lazio motherboards for sale on eBay that are probably working as I see return is allowed.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=hp+lazio+motherboard&_sac...

Open box or "unused" or "new" means it has not be activated.  IF you get it to boot up you will have to explain to Microsoft that it is a replacement board that you had to buy as the manufacturer was out of stock.  If you get denied activation then call a second or 3rd time to get a different representative.  Otherwise windows 10 or 11 is about $100

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.