11-28-2018 08:20 AM - last edited on 12-11-2018 01:46 AM by WendyS
When I type the space bar brings up volume control, Shift and any key does nothing, Ctrl doesnt do anything. Crtl, Alt Del doesnt do anything. All other keys (numbers, letters) work fine. Checked Language settings okay. Sticky keys not on. But there must be a setting that has changed. Keyboard itself is in good condition - so its something silly but I don't know what??? Its very annoying as you can't type anything easily.
11-29-2018 04:36 PM
Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
May I know since when are you facing this issue?
I suggest you reinstall the Keyboard drivers and also update the BIOS
- Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Keyboard and expand the List
- Look for Keyboard driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Keyboard driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
Next update the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/products/
If the issue persists run a Keyboard Test to confirm the Hardware functionality
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Keyboard
Keep me posted how it goes
Thank you and have a great day 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee