Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: HP 750-055xt Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Hp 750-055xt and I want to add an external hard drive (HP / Compaq 3rd Party Compatible 350964-B22 SCSI Hard Drive Kit) How can I find out if this is compatible with my motherboard? I want to use it specifically for recording audio with my DAW. Please help this is my first attempt at doing this myself and would appreciate any assistance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I cannot really tell how that model is configured exactly but there is an option showing a second internal hard drive bay.  Is there a specific reason that you picked that  "HP / Compaq 3rd Party Compatible 350964-B22 SCSI Hard Drive Kit"?  If you want an external hard drive, why not a USB connected?  That model can support USB 3.0 external drives.  Just curious

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
There was an error on my part the SCSI drive is internal not external and the reason I was looking at that one was because of the 10,000 RPM I figured it would be faster than the standard 7200 RPM of external drives. On the site it gives a list of compatible servers ex.(compatible with HP/Compaq Proliant servers CL-1850, BL20p G2, BL20p G3, BL25p, BL40p, BL45p, BL60p, DL360) just a smiget of the list. But none of this helps me because I can't find what server I have? I basically want a fast drive for just my audio recording.
HP Recommended

Well the model that is posted on the header - Hp 750-055xt - is not a server, just a desktop.  I do not see a way to install the unit  pictured in that model PC.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Ok I appreciate that answer. One last question how can I find out the details on what type of server I have?
HP Recommended

Actually the device (Hp 750-055xt )   posted in the first is not a server but a PC, just a normal desktop. HERE IS THE SUPPORT page that lists everything that makes up that PC.

I'm not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.