Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP elite desk 800 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So as I said this HP after 20 seconds, the CPU fan and the power Supply fan start spinning at very high speeds and make a lot of noise.
There is no HP symbol, no POST , literally nothing even the keyboard and mouse do not have any power.
Actually the 800 G1 does not come with a GPU, but I put a 1050ti in it and it worked flawlessly for the past 2-3 weeks(the 1050ti does not require any external 6 or 8 pin power connector so I was able to use it in 320 watts). Then this issue has happened today.
The Computer has an i7-4770, 16 GB RAM and 256GB SSD and 1 TB Hard Drive and the 1050ti.
So yeah, no POST and CPU cooler And PSU fan become loud and super fast.
So Can anyone tell me what problem it is and what component is not working and if this has happened to anyone else before this, and is the PSU faulty or the motherboard ( I hope it's not the mobo coz it will be a big hassle then) and I really hope that swapping out the PSU would solve the problem.
Thanking you in advance
Kindly help me as soon as possible

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@HamidIqbal 

What is the exact GTX 1050Ti card ?   If you removed the card,  is it stable ?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

.@Wb2001  thanks for the quick reply and help

Well, a million thanks to GOD the problem is fixed on its own, like all I did was clean a little bit of dust and remove and reinsert RAM sticks and tighten all mobo connections and voila it worked.

And just so other people know in my case the 1050ti was Asus Cerberus unplugged OC variant, but just so we are clear the problem then was persistent with or without the GPU, but now that it's fixed I'm really glad.

But I have another question, now you know the HP symbol the blue colour one which used to come at the start of boot has magnified and become pixelated and huge unlike before where it was very clear and the proper resolution, is there a way to fix that, thanks for the help btw, have a great day

HP Recommended

@HamidIqbal,

I have lived with that situation for months.   Just got use to it, and now you remind me...  LOL 🤣

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.