Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have this desktop for about 8 years and it’s still working fine. I always updated the Windows update, do a cleaning, and have an anti-virus. I don’t download apps or software from the internet. I use the PC only for homework, work, and right now for my classes. But about two years ago, I noticed that I have a horizontal line whenever I used the PC. At first, I didn’t pay too much attention, assuming that it was update glitch from Windows so I restarted my PC. After it finished restarting, the horizontal line was there. So I ignored it and still used the PC with that horizontal line. It didn’t bother me until I saw that line got glitchy and part of my lower PC screen was glitchy as well. Then I started googling on what could be the problem. I know for a fact that it’s not the screen being cracked or whatever because I literally debunked that. I think it’s most likely a hardware problem or some wires underneath the screen that aren’t working anymore. But I need someone to tell me what are the possibilities of this problem and how can I solved it? Buying a new computer is not a solution nor is an option for me. If I have to fix myself, then I’m willing do it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@monomichi

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the display on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Have you checked after updating the BIOS and the graphics driver on the computer?

Meanwhile, in case if it is a hardware issue then it needs to be checked physically to understand what part is gone bad on the computer, and most of the time the entire display needs to be replaced to fix these kinds of issues.

I recommend you contact a local tech in your location and get it checked physically to know the exact cause of the issue.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.