Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 19 All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to hook my TV up to a 24 inch LED TV by Element and my cpu only as USB ports. How do I go about hooking this computer up to a tv?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@1newhoknowz, welcome to the forum.

Your best option is a USB video adapter.  StarTech has some very good products.  I don't know which USB version that you have, but you can use the Chat Live option to speak with a Tech.  They will be able to help you choose the best adapter for your system.  I have used them several times in the past with excellent outcomes.

For future reference, when requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@1newhoknowz, welcome to the forum.

Your best option is a USB video adapter.  StarTech has some very good products.  I don't know which USB version that you have, but you can use the Chat Live option to speak with a Tech.  They will be able to help you choose the best adapter for your system.  I have used them several times in the past with excellent outcomes.

For future reference, when requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the feedback. I have a limited budget do you know of any other companies that are as efficient for less money. I am looking to spend less than 40.00. I will be working from home and need to hook up my all in one to a larger monitor the way things are going I still would need this adapter to even hook up to another computer it seems. The only other option is casting it but it looks as though I may have a lag, what do you advise?

HP Recommended

I have an HP All In ONe

Product: 64B06AA#ABA

Serial: [personal information removed]

MODEL: 19-2113W

HP Recommended

Hi,

The following link shows specs of your computer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04325034

It has NO video out port therefore one way to try: buy a similar adapter:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/usb-3-0-converter-to-hdmi-1080p/p/XC4973

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@1newhoknowz

Here is a USB adapter that will work with almost any ports that you have on the TV.  I am not familiar with the manufacturer, but it has over 800 reviews and is rated 4.5 Stars.  Read the Customer Reviews to see what users have to say about it.  I hope this works.  It is close to the price that you want to pay.  You may even find it for less at another seller.  You may want to contact the manufacturer to assure that it will work with a TV.  It only mentions monitors and TV's require more power.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.