Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP elite 8300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So recently I've bought myself a refurbished desktop. I was happy until I downloaded war thunder and other games. soon I found out how bad my graphics are and what a graphics card is, yes it sounds stupid but I didn't know much about all that tech stuff. Now that I know a little bit more because of friends and teachers I understand what I need in terms of upgrading. I would like to install a GTX 1050 ti 4gb as my graphics card, I don't have tons of money or any for that matter to get anything different so I'm stuck with minor upgrades for now. Anyways I've learned that a 500 Watt power supply wouldn't be a bad investment and it's the cheapest and most available for me even though I don't need it. It can't fit in my computer which sucks but oh well I'll make do. I've heard that the stock power supply is one of this computers trickiest things to replace because it's so underpowered and can't run any graphics cards that I've found that will boost my performance immensely. But there is a special adapter cord for hooking up any new power supply from 24 pin to 6 and people say it works but I found one fellow who was having severe issues like his screen blacking out and his computer not turning on. He had windows 7 , I have windows 10 if that makes a difference that's great, hopefully for the better. If anyone who sees this answer my question for me that would be a game changer and would really make my day, I'm tired of running 10-25 fps everyday so I'm done playing until I get this fixed. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Gaming_noob300 

Please use the following table first

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.