Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
TP01-2165z: Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC # is TP01-2165z. I want to add a second Hard Drive and the Power cables I see are too large. I need one that will fit this PC. Your help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ahalp2 ,  welcome back to the Community.

Here is a splitter that will add an additional SATA power connector to your power supply unit (PSU).  You will connect it to the SATA power connector coming from your PSU.  Also, you will need a SATA data cable to connect to an extra SATA port on your motherboard.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, that cable appears to be too wide. I just purchased something similar  from Amazon. The power cable coming from the current HD is quite small. Maybe 1/2 inch or so across. It has been some time since I last purchased a PC and it seems cables have diminished in size. I do not know what they are called other than SATA power cables... Must be a number.. Thanks for your suggestion..

HP Recommended

Hello
give pictures of available computer cables, and your hard drive
Except for some models maybe, the connection cables to the ssd hdd must be standard

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.