cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
whynotornob
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I need to upgrade to a graphic card. What can I use? now!

HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 400 G5 MT desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Prodesk 400 G5 MT desktop

1 REPLY 1
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,058 40 105
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

what is need, needs dictate use. (and hardware) vast usages , not just gaming, !video rendering, CAD,CAM,CAE, and morel.

dreams of gaming?, even AAA $60 games even 4k  ,  (steam Metro LL?)

GPU RANGE FROM $10 TO $5000 .

You pay for speed, 3D and textures and resolution up to 4k.

I have no idea what PSU you have, watts. (spec shows 180) but.... I always look first.

nor if there is room on the x16 slot. Length.?  1,2,3 fan GPU sizes ,12,maker of GPU cards and vast models.

nor the purse,? cash in hand ?  $$$$$

one first step here is the great GTX1650 (non sport) a 75watt card that needs no PSU to GPU aux power cables.

the problem is the lame 180W PSU there, will it allow,  this.??  (I say nipp&tuck )<< Marginal

non standard PSU not ATX. so.... only HP upgrades work there, if at all.  < out side my pay grade this,,,, HP does not spec PSU.

NO warranty answers by me.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation