Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp omen 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently added another stick of ddr4 8gig stick of ram to my HP. After adding and trying to boot back up my computer beeps a low pitch sound a few times followed by 2 high pitch beeps. I’m currently doing a bios reset as I’m typing this but I’m also wondering if anyone can let me know what this issue is and how to resolve it. Thank you so much in advance for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Labarski,

You did not mention how you determined that particular 8GB RAM module would work in your system. The beep(s) usually refer to a module not compatible with your motherboard.  RAM modules are not generic. Only certified RAM modules work, manufactured to specifications.

There were 2 different speed modules used for that machine. (Supports PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133)

848216-800 Memory - GNRC RAM UDIMM 8G DDR4 1.2V 2133 

an option in the builds was a "2666"                   

934254-800 Memory - GNRC RAM UDIMM 8G DDR4 1.2V 2666

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!

a friend of mine who knew more about computers than I did read my specifications and told me that as long as they were both DDR4 that they would work. But now the beeping still happens even when i take the other stick out. I’ve tried resetting bios, reseeding my graphics card, and putting my 1 original stick of 8gig ram back in and nothing works. Just beeps. It’s 3 long low pitch beeps followed by 2 high pitch beeps with my power button blinking in sync with the beeps.

HP Recommended

a friend of mine who knew more about computers than I did read my specifications and told me that as long as they were both DDR4 that they would work. But now the beeping still happens even when i take the other stick out. I’ve tried resetting bios, reseeding my graphics card, and putting my 1 original stick of 8gig ram back in and nothing works. Just beeps. It’s 3 long low pitch beeps followed by 2 high pitch beeps with my power button blinking in sync with the beeps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.