Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion a1118x/PX757AA-ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I cannot connect to the Internet because none of the network drivers are showing. I was going to use this for Microsoft Flight Simulator so what Ethernet Card can I buy to install or usb wireless driver should I purchase to install. The current Ethernet is built into the motherboard. The number on the actual Ethernet plug housing is p53-153-11z9, and it is a Salmon motherboard.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have zipped up and attached the ethernet driver that shows support for the hardware ID you posted, below.

You will have to manually install the driver as follows...

Download and unzip the file I attached to its folder.  Don't do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the ethernet controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab, click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and hopefully the driver will install.

Then restart the PC, and see if you have network connectivity.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the hardware ID for the ethernet controller needing the driver and I'll see if there is one available.

To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the ethernet controller needing the driver.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the ethernet controller window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended
It's showing 4 different lines, the top one reads

PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_2A04103C&REV_90
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have zipped up and attached the ethernet driver that shows support for the hardware ID you posted, below.

You will have to manually install the driver as follows...

Download and unzip the file I attached to its folder.  Don't do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the ethernet controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab, click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and hopefully the driver will install.

Then restart the PC, and see if you have network connectivity.

HP Recommended
The Ethernet is now working, now I need the driver for the multi media audio control. The top line under the ID tab is " PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_2A05103C&REV_A0

Also it finally started trying to update after weeks of it showing searching for updates. It showed over 200. While it was trying to install for 3 days it came back and said it could not install some of the updates and it started reverting the installed updates. Now it shows it's installing and the hard is working constantly which is slowing the computer down significantly.
HP Recommended

Hi:

That update thing happens to me to from time to time.

When it does, instead of trying to ram over 200 updates down the PC's throat, I normally intall them 20 - 40 at a time.

That usually works.

Sound...I can't nail down a driver for the audio your PC has.

You can see if this one works.  Accept the agreement...First driver on the list.  Download, unzip and run the setup application.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=23&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.