Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - 750-129C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I currently have the HP ENVY Desktop - 750-129C  Intel i7.

I want to install NVME (M.2) on my desktop, is this possible?

Or, if not possible, keep my CPU, and change the Motherboard, while installing to NVME.

Will that be possible and will it damage the computer?

Can you recommend what type of Motherboard to use?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is not possible to install a M.2 NVME drive on your motherboard as a boot disk. Your motherboard does not have a Key M M.2 socket.

I don't recommend trying to install a non HP motherboard in a HP chassis. HP may modify front panel pinouts on I/O. Impossible to know this until you install the MB only to see something does not work or shorts out.

Buy a new PC if you want M.2 NVME speeds. Or upgrade the current platter HDD to a 2.5 inch SATA SSD for improved system responsiveness.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for reply.

So when I buy a new desktop,  which model can install nvme m.2 in HP desktop PC?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Almost all new PCs have M.2 sockets. Most PCs will ship with a M.2 boot drive containing W10.

Check the specs to verify. Try to buy a PC having at least a 500 GB M.2 drive so you don't run out of storage.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.