Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hey again, I have this small red/black cable that is connected to this (see pictures) and this cable did not come with my Corsair psu and dont know what to really do

20221130_163338.jpg

20221130_163138.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry, I don't know what the connector is. Probably a HP proprietary connection.

Have you tried using the PC with this cable unplugged?

Have you tried the new graphics card with the HP power supply? The factory CPU has a 65 watt TDP. The 3060 has about 150 watts available on the 8 pin connection plus 75 watts from the PCIe X16 slot. These two components draw the most power. 

You would have to check stability when gaming. 

HP Recommended

Yes I tried it and I think this one is for the CD reader, cause its not working. Otherwise the pc seems to run good with the new psu. Now im only waiting for the new gpu to arrive and will install it to my pc. Hopefully everything will work.

Regards 

HP Recommended

Hi

You may have to disable Secure boot and enable Legacy support in the BIOS before you install the new graphics card.

See this site: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c04784866  for details.

Look at What if the computer does not start after installing new hardware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.