Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
QU308AA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello Hp Community ! I am a gamer and I have a H-CUPERTINO2-H61-uA TX (Cupertino2) motherboard and I am wondering whether a Amd RX 570 4gb will fit inside my PCI-Express slot and whether it will work with my system. My specs are as follows:

1.) H-CUPERTINO2-H61-uA TX (Cupertino2) Motherboard

2.) I5-2400 quad core cpu

3.) 500 watts power supply

4.) 8gb DDR 3 RAM5

5.) Windows 7 64-bit

I have a Hp Pavillion P6-2050IX pc. I am planning to use my X16 Pci-express slot.

I currently have a Gt 1030(i'm a budget gamer) and I wanted to upgrade to Rx 570 so I am asking this question. Anyways thankyou to whoever answers my question.     🙂 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Bloodcaster , welcome to the forum.

I don't believe that the RX 570 will work with the motherboard.  The newer cards require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard/Legacy BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012 with Win 8.  It appears that your computer was released in 2011 with Win 7.  The last cards not to require UEFI were the GTX 660/670 series.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thankyou so much!!!You saved my life cause i was just about to buy the RX 570. So can I put a GTX 1060 (6gb version in my) in my motherboard and if not the 6gb version, can i put the 3 gb version? Please tell me if I can put the 6gb version or 3 gb version. Thankyou so much!

HP Recommended

@old_geekster,

The GTX 1060 is circa 2016, as would be the the GTX 1070.

@Bloodcaster 

The  GTX 660 or TGX 670 are Legacy cards, which will work.

You will need a new 550-600W Power Supply for that HP PAVILION P6-2050IX

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

So I cannot use the GTX 1060 in my pc even if I upgrade to a 550 watt power supply.

HP Recommended

@wb2001, thanks for the heads up.  I don't know where my mind was today.  I am a year older today.  Maybe that is the problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thankyou so much!!!!I just have one last question. 😛

Can you please recommend a good upgrade from the GT 1030 other than the GTX 660,780 or 750ti and non-ti as these cards are not available in my country. Please recommend a good upgrade from the GT 1030 for my system and I will be satisfied. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Bloodcaster,

Please read carefully.  You need to perform a test.

According to HP, your unit has a 7.16 BIOS.  But the GT 1030 was product of May 2017, and is not supposed to work in your Legacy BIOS unit.  Some units were made with WIN 8/8.1 but there was no BIOS update offered.

What is your "Boot environment", see this program.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.