Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I need help with changing my PSU On my HP pavilion desktop but I don’t know where to find a 500 W power supply that fits the case but also at a good price because I was recently looking to upgrade to a GTX 1060 but my power supply has been acting up recently so before I’m going to install the new graphics card I want to change the power supply 500. Please if you can leave a link down below where I can find a 500 W power supply that fits the HP pavilion 690-0067c case for around 50 bucks please tell me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sanjar1 , welcome to the Community.

The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  HP does have a 500W PSU that is compatible with your motherboard (L05757-800).  Here it is on HP PartSurfer.  It can be ordered by clicking the box next to "Add to Cart".  Here is a Power Supply Cross Reference Chart to show you where I go this information.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

@Sanjar1 , welcome to the Community.

The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  HP does have a 500W PSU that is compatible with your motherboard (L05757-800).  Here it is on HP PartSurfer.  It can be ordered by clicking the box next to "Add to Cart".  Here is a Power Supply Cross Reference Chart to show you where I go this information.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Hello again so I’m upgrading to a RTX 3060 TI instead of a GTX 1060 and is there a power supply that is at least 600 W for my motherboard

HP Recommended

@Sanjar1 

@Sanjar1 wrote:

Hello again so I’m upgrading to a RTX 3060 TI instead of a GTX 1060 and is there a power supply that is at least 600 W for my motherboard

No, the 500W PSU is the maximum that is provided by HP!  I don't believe it will be powerful enough for the 3060 TI.

HP Recommended

Can I buy an adapter anywhere or is there a third-party company that produces these power supply with a four pin connector

HP Recommended

@Sanjar1 

@Sanjar1 wrote:

Can I buy an adapter anywhere or is there a third-party company that produces these power supply with a four pin connector

Several members have attempted to find an adapter.  However, there were none available.

HP Recommended

Ebay is your friend.

HP Recommended

What would be the least expensive CPU that would fit my motherboards ryzen socket but doesn’t have bottleneck or doesn’t have a lot of bottlenecking while using it with the rtx3060ti  so my main question is what is the cheapest CPU I can upgrade to that won’t make me lose performance when I’m using the RTX 3060ti  and I was able to figure out the power supply issue.

HP Recommended

@Sanjar1 

Here are the Specifications for the RTX 3060 TI from nVidia.  The 3060 TI requires 600W and the 3060 requires 550W.  Also, make certain that there is sufficient space for the card to fit with good airflow.

Here are the Product Specifications for your computer.  Look at the section titled "Processor/Processor upgrade information" for a list of compatible processors.  The only processor that would be an upgrade for your Ryzen 7-1700 is a Ryzen 7-2700.

HP Recommended

What about like Ryzen 5 3600x or Ryzen 5 3300x or The cheapest Motherboard I can get that will support an core i7 11700k because I have one lying around and I want any motherboard does it matter what company I just want it to fit the case I have and support a core I7 11700 K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.