Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY h8-1400ex PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My current PC is HP ENVY h8-1400ex and the graphic card is an AMD Radeon HD 7500 series

I'm planning to upgrade my videocard to a ASUS Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Fan Edition, I've been told (not by a professional) that if it fits and if the cpu is powerful enough, It'll work. But i'm hesitant and im worried that'll burn my motherboard. So i'm wondering if the  ASUS Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Fan Edition is compatible with my PC? If it isn't, what type of Graphics card should I should be looking for? Are there any other things I should purchase when replacing/installing a graphics card?

My PC: https://support.hp.com/emea_africa-en/product/hp-envy-h8-1400-desktop-pc-series/5295996/document/c03...

I haven't found my graphic card online, But i've provided a picture for the hardware informations: https://puu.sh/zxtYG/6e413b106e.png

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CluelessUpgrade,

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you wish to upgrade the graphics card on your desktop PC.

I'd like to thank you for the detailed description of your concern, as you have ensured I don't have to ask any more questions, that said,

I have done my own research to ensure your concern is addressed and found out that your PC should support this Graphics card and it requires 450-Watt Power Supply. Your desktop power supply is 450W, which should be sufficient to run this graphics card on your computer.

Disclaimer: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as it may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Hope this answers your query,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CluelessUpgrade,

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you wish to upgrade the graphics card on your desktop PC.

I'd like to thank you for the detailed description of your concern, as you have ensured I don't have to ask any more questions, that said,

I have done my own research to ensure your concern is addressed and found out that your PC should support this Graphics card and it requires 450-Watt Power Supply. Your desktop power supply is 450W, which should be sufficient to run this graphics card on your computer.

Disclaimer: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as it may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Hope this answers your query,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.