Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion gaming 690 0011no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i have a hp pavilion gaming 690 0011no with i7 8700 cpu. I want to upgrade to a i9 9900 but i am unsure if my setup is compatible. The cpu socket is 1151-2 same needed for the i9 but when i see the upgrade list for my computer on hp website ,the i9 is not there. So i want to be sure before i buy it.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

indeed, if I have seen the last one indicated would be the i7-9700 ..
a priori it could pass, but no guarantee, if it happens a bios update would be necessary, but if not suitable for this new processor, you risk buying it for nothing
After that, have you already changed other components?
Little interest in installing this processor if everything is original, it does not make sense!
Is the gain so important, compared to the supported processors indicated (i7 9700)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-690-0000i/19769765/model/22659292...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have only upgraded the ram, i7 9700 wouldn’t be a worthwhile bump but the i9 9900 would be. I use the computer for music production and when i am on heavier projects the i7 8700 i have now give me limits. So for my needs the processing powers of the i9 would be beneficial in letting me run more tracks in my projects.

HP Recommended

So it's up to you to see it is a risk to take maybe for nothing!
What software you are using requires what configuration?
The integrated audio card may not be the best, either for this type of use!
I have used in the past to see flstudio with a much less powerful processor, and the processor was not too much of a problem!
Anyway I am giving you what is tested and approved by hp, in which case you have a small chance that it will work, but I am not convinced that it is necessary to upgrade to this one, unless it is recommended by software!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes for projects with not so many tracks and plugins in them it is no problem, the problem comes when i have more than 40-50 tracks with several plugins within them. I use external soundcard so thats no issue, i think if my system can’t support it for sure maybe its not worth to risk buying the i9 and maybe build a new setup. Anyways thanks for responding.

HP Recommended

😉

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.