Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking to get a new graphics card like the Geforce GTX 1050TI Mini 4GB Graphics Card.

Although at the moment my PSU is a DPS-180AB-17 which is 180W.

I would like advice on which new 400-500 Watt PSU i could buy to be compatible with my PC and the Graphics card that i am wanting to buy.

I want to get at the least a 400W PSU  or more as it is more reliable than getting a 300W. 

So i would really like to maybe be given an option of which PSU you would advise me to buy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BarbI458

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I personally would suggest you to goto any local computer store and ask for a 400W or a 500W power supply unit for a uATX form factor chassis. That should fit into our computer's chassis. 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BarbI458 

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

You can go for any PSU's with 500W which would be sufficient to run the graphics card but make sure to check the form factor of the chassis whether the new PSU fit's in.

Follow this link for the product specifications. 🙂

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

the size of my current Power supply unit is

8.5cm by 15cm by 14cm.

With this and the information from before could you please give me some options of which 400W or 500W PSU i could buy.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@BarbI458

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I personally would suggest you to goto any local computer store and ask for a 400W or a 500W power supply unit for a uATX form factor chassis. That should fit into our computer's chassis. 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.