Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TG01-0160xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I ordered my desktop from HP with the i5 processor. I know after researching this PC will only be compatible with i5 or i7. My question is can I receive my i5 pc and then a year from now remove it and put in the compatible i7? I am not sure if the processor is soldered in when they build it. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
try to identify the motherboard
The computer should be from this series

/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000i 
the chipset would be an H370
the motherboard is most likely this:

motherboard specifications, Rother

• TDP: up to 65 W
  • Socket type: LGA1151
  • Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    Processor
    TDP
    Intel Core i7-9700 3 GHz Base frequency, 4.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, Octa core (Coffee Lake-R)
    65 W
    Intel Core i7-9700F 3 GHz Base frequency, 4.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, Octa core (Coffee Lake-R)
    65 W
    Intel Core i5-9400 2.9 GHz Base frequency, 4.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB cache, Hexa core (Coffee Lake-R)
    65 W
    Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz Base frequency, 4.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB cache, Hexa core (Coffee Lake-R)
    65 W
    Intel Core i3-9100 3.6 GHz Base frequency, 4.2 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, Quad core (Coffee Lake-R)
    65 W
    Intel Core i3-9100F 3.6 GHz Base frequency, 4.2 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, Quad core (Coffee Lake-R)
    65 W
    Intel Core i5-8400 2.8 GHz Base frequency, 4.0 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB cache, Hexa core (Coffee Lake-S)
    65 W
    Intel Core i3-8100 3.6 GHz Base frequency, 6 MB cache, Quad core (Coffee Lake-S)
    65 W
    Intel Pentium Gold G5420 3.8 GHz Base frequency, 4 MB cache, Dual core (Coffee Lake-R)
    54 W
    Intel Celeron G4930 3.2 GHz Base frequency, 2 MB cache, Dual core (Coffee Lake-R)
    54 W

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Not much info is available here (Link). Check product information link at this site.

But, HP offers a i7-9700 purchase option at this site (Link).

The CPU should be upgradable. 

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello
try to identify the motherboard
The computer should be from this series

/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000i 
the chipset would be an H370
the motherboard is most likely this:

motherboard specifications, Rother

• TDP: up to 65 W
  • Socket type: LGA1151
  • Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    Processor
    TDP
    Intel Core i7-9700 3 GHz Base frequency, 4.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, Octa core (Coffee Lake-R)
    65 W
    Intel Core i7-9700F 3 GHz Base frequency, 4.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, Octa core (Coffee Lake-R)
    65 W
    Intel Core i5-9400 2.9 GHz Base frequency, 4.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB cache, Hexa core (Coffee Lake-R)
    65 W
    Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz Base frequency, 4.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB cache, Hexa core (Coffee Lake-R)
    65 W
    Intel Core i3-9100 3.6 GHz Base frequency, 4.2 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, Quad core (Coffee Lake-R)
    65 W
    Intel Core i3-9100F 3.6 GHz Base frequency, 4.2 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, Quad core (Coffee Lake-R)
    65 W
    Intel Core i5-8400 2.8 GHz Base frequency, 4.0 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB cache, Hexa core (Coffee Lake-S)
    65 W
    Intel Core i3-8100 3.6 GHz Base frequency, 6 MB cache, Quad core (Coffee Lake-S)
    65 W
    Intel Pentium Gold G5420 3.8 GHz Base frequency, 4 MB cache, Dual core (Coffee Lake-R)
    54 W
    Intel Celeron G4930 3.2 GHz Base frequency, 2 MB cache, Dual core (Coffee Lake-R)
    54 W

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée,

Excellent followup.  TG01 series Rother boards are Intel.  The Erica - Erica2 boards are AMD.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.