cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RANDAZA2
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

INSTALL A Navidia gt1030 and still be able to use the onboard video on my te01-0014

HP Recommended
hp envy desktop te01-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my current Desktop PC is an AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor 2.90 GHz.  Sadly I must put this pc to "rest" as I unfortunately put an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows10 Home, and the system is just bogging down.  I have ran 3 monitors on this system simultaneously for over 5 years.  I need to continue running the 3 monitors for my self-employment business.

I have purchase a new HP ENVY DESKTOP TE01-0014 (aka The New Pc) as well as a Navidia GT1030 video card.  This HP has an onboard graphics card, and I want to add the Navidia card in order to be able to continue the 3 monitor setup i have.

The new PC has 2 available onboard connections, an HDMI and AGV connection.  I have the adapters need to connect the monitors as well.

I just need to know, after I install the new graphics card, will the onboard video card stop producing video signals.  Is there a work around to this.  Please advise.

Tony - Ortonville, Michigan

3 REPLIES 3
RANDAZA2
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

40 People have looked this question over and not a single answer or even a comment... wow, a lot of faith in humanity

0 Kudos
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,656 23,614 1,076 1,115
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RANDAZA2

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

To get the answer to this question, you can use 3 monitor setup on this computer If you're connecting to a computer with two HDMI ports and one DisplayPort, ideally you'll have two monitors with an HDMI input, and one with a DisplayPort input.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04641829 to know more about Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
AKreviews
Level 1
4 4 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But what would happen if we installed the Nvidia gt 1030 gpu?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation