Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 27-cp0759nz
Microsoft Windows 11
Hello
Since
I don't speak English, google helps me; hopefully understandable. I want to buy the following all-in-one PC: HP ENVY 27-cp0759nz and install a 2nd SSD at a later date.
The specifications of this product state that the following expansion plugs are installed 3 M.2 (2 PCIe x4 for SSD, 1 for WLAN) I assume that these plugs are present in total, so 1 M.2 for WLAN + 1 M.2 for the built-in 1TB SSD, is that correct?

If yes then there would still be 1 free M.2 available for the SSD I want to install. But it could be, HP support told me on the phone, that the installed graphics card covers this M.2 and therefore I could not install another SSD. HP support could not help me, because they had no photos and no devices to look, I should ask here at the forum if any of you could answer this question, if there is room to install a 2nd SSD on the PCI-e 4 slot.

The HP ENVY 27-cp0759nz has the Angel 8928 motherboard installed
https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c08151586 
There are expansions slots at the PCIex4: M.2 Key M type 2280 Do I have to specify this name for the purchase of the SSD?
For the first slot it says in brackets: PCH, for the other: CPU. What does this mean?   Master (CPU), slave (PCH)?

I'm looking forward to your answers
Thank you for your trouble with me as a layman
Greetings Armand
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@armand7 wrote:

Thank you very much for the interesting information, for your effort and time Prométhée

thank you, it's rare to have this type of compliment

for the SSD, you have several options
look once the computer in hand what is already in place, and buy the equivalent
try as mentioned the crucial site
and actually choose an ssd of the indicated type
Key M type 2280 for SSD (PCIe x4)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi

if hp can't answer...
to see if we will manage to find the image of this motherboard
but see,if the manual corresponds to the model, it doesn't seem to be a problem for ssds

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

so yes, there is normally a slot already occupied, and a second free!

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c08370675

Internal Storage
2 TB PCIe® NVMe™ TLC M.2 SSD

3 M.2 (2 PCIe x4 for SSD, 1 for WLAN)

I asked myself the same question for CPU and PCh, pcu same abbreviation as for a processor, but a report here, I don't know

for the choice of the model you could use the crucial Scan can be, but yes take into account:

Welcome to Crucial USA

• One M.2 Socket 3 Key M type 2280 for SSD (PCIe x4) (PCH)
  • One M.2 Socket 3 Key M type 2280 for SSD (PCIe x4) (CPU)

[edit]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=popXlCWIQ6Q

it seems to me to correspond, and as we see in the manual, practical, because of the fast and simple access, for the ssd and memory

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the interesting information, for your effort and time Prométhée

Funny that the HP support could not answer this, actually simple question, that leaves me with a big question mark?

This is much easier than expected, because you only have to open a lid on the back and there it has 2 slots for the SSD modules.
That would be basics for support.

Now I'm just not sure when buying, what I have to pay attention to exactly with an SSD module,
Are the following information + capacity enough or what do I have to pay attention to when buying?
m.2 SSD 2280 4GB

Greetings Armand

HP Recommended

@armand7 wrote:

thank you, it's rare to have this type of compliment

for the SSD, you have several options
look once the computer in hand what is already in place, and buy the equivalent
try as mentioned the crucial site
and actually choose an ssd of the indicated type
Key M type 2280 for SSD (PCIe x4)

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended
Yes, we humans tend to annoy and criticize others rather than build up and praise.
We, including me, do that far too little, starting at home in the family...

All the best stay healthy
Best regards from Switzerland
Armand
HP Recommended

thank you @armand7  have a great weekend
Good handshake from France
And yes, a poor bleep  " Frenchy   "

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you for the input and I happen to need this SSD installation.

HP Recommended

I

Thank you for your feedback.

Please give me an answer if you are the 2nd. SSD, whether it worked without problems and especially whether you have to define master and slave somewhere or through the slots.

Please also tell me which SSD module you bought in addition.

Thanks so much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.