Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy TE01-0020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently purchased HP Envy TE01-0020 desktop, looking to upgrade video card to support 3-4 monitors.  Purchased XFX RX 570, which fits in cabinet (just barely), but realized I don't have the power in the desktop.  It has 2 6-pin plugs.  The video card recommends 500 Watts of power.  Anything I can do or any recommendations for other video cards (with at least 3 displayport slots) that might work here?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The problem is your PSU. In that model you have a 180W PSU which really limits your choice of cards. Even the GTX 1660 which has 3 DP ports, requires a 450W PSU with an 8 pin power plug. It would probably be easier to replace the PSU then find a GPU which requires no additional power plug and runs with such a low power PSU.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  And that's fine.  I've read on some of the HP postings that my type of desktop can only fit HP-specific power sources.  Is that true?  And if so, is there something that HP sells that I can use?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

It is true but this forum post should help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.