Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Installing Video Card in HP Envy TE01-0020

Envy TE01-0020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently purchased HP Envy TE01-0020 desktop, looking to upgrade video card to support 3-4 monitors.  Purchased XFX RX 570, which fits in cabinet (just barely), but realized I don't have the power in the desktop.  It has 2 6-pin plugs.  The video card recommends 500 Watts of power.  Anything I can do or any recommendations for other video cards (with at least 3 displayport slots) that might work here?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 5
101 101 17 32
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem is your PSU. In that model you have a 180W PSU which really limits your choice of cards. Even the GTX 1660 which has 3 DP ports, requires a 450W PSU with an 8 pin power plug. It would probably be easier to replace the PSU then find a GPU which requires no additional power plug and runs with such a low power PSU.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.  And that's fine.  I've read on some of the HP postings that my type of desktop can only fit HP-specific power sources.  Is that true?  And if so, is there something that HP sells that I can use?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
101 101 17 32
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is true but this forum post should help.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation