Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Slimline - 450-002ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I use HP Slimline - 450-002ur desktop computer. Is there an option of install additional SSD drive?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@andrsam, welcome to the forum.

Yes, you can install a SSD into your computer.  Here are the SSD's that are recommmended by Crucial Memory.  There are Installation Guides in the lower left side of the page.  If you want more information about the SSD's you can contact Crucial's Tech Support for help.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi,

The hard drive cage as provisioned only supports one drive. However, you might be able to fit a 3.5" to dual 2.5" device adapter into the hard drive cage. If the adapter fits, then you could run a combination of 2.5" HD/SSD devices.  Do a google search on "3.5" to dual 2.5" bay adapter". 

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

@old_geekster, thank you for the answer, but this installation guides can't describe how to install a secondary SSD drive.

HP Recommended

@Big_Dave wrote:

Hi,

The hard drive cage as provisioned only supports one drive. 

Why one drive, there is a free place in the hard drive cage?

HP Recommended

Can i install a SSD M2 into my computer?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The Memphis2-s motherboard is not provisioned for a m.2 SSD.

Adding a dual 2.5" adapter and replacing the 3.5" HD is probably best left to a local competent PC repair shop as HP doesn't have any documentation on how to do so.  I just suggested that possibility for your information since you desire was to "add" an additional SSD.

Another suggestion is to replace the existing 3.5" HD with a larger capacity SSHD (SSD built into the HD). Again, I suggest that you have a local competent PC repair shop do this task as there are a significant number of tasks to do the replacement.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

@Big_Dave wrote:

Hi,

Adding a dual 2.5" adapter and replacing the 3.5" HD 

Adding a dual 2.5" adapter can allow me to keep current 3.5" HDD?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Adding a dual 2.5" adapter wouldn't allow you to use your current 3.5" HD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.