Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Z7B90EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Updates for both Intel WLan Driver and Intel Wireless Lan drivers have failed to instal despite being linked from HP Support Assistant. The other Intel update installed with no issue. I have noticed recently that some external programmes such as Glary Utilities fail to instal properly as well. As yet none of these have been major programmes but it is slightly worrying because at the moment I would say there is a 1 in 10 chance a programme may fail to update or install.

I have been installing some programmes on D Drive (though not operational ones such as Intel) and wondered if that had created the issues with Glary but I am careful to check where the update is going. The trouble is with only 128GB on C Drive (SSD) I have to be very careful where I save files.

Can anyone help a) with the update issue and b) any work around to save precious space on my SSD. I already save everything on external drives.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

I see only one Intel WiFI driver...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-27-a200-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/13...

Intel Wireless LAN Drivers (Windows 10)

20.90.0.7 Rev.P149.4 MBOct 11, 2018

Ccleaner?

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding. I always find that driver update page at HP so confusing as it presents dozens of updates and I never know which ones are which. Your link to the one specific one was very helful and I installed it. I had already updated all drivers in the device manager so not sure if this one was a re-install or not.

My feeling is now to ignore the HP Support Assistant update recommendation if it persists in this case.

You mention CCleaner which I use and love. Is there some issue with it that could be causing problems?

Thanks for your clear help on the issue and for the speed of response

Ian

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.