cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
NickHorv
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Intermittent internet.

HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-b016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My all in one is 4 years old, I'm getting 460+ mbps. Sometime when I'm in the middle of a video, it just stops. A window pops up saying No Internet. When a tech was out, he hooked up his laptop in another port of the Router, and he had internet. Is it possible that when it gets hot it opens up and I lose internet??? I really don't want to purchase a new puter. 

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
itsmyname
Level 9
5,033 4,948 234 652
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When you get "no Internet", disconnect the Ethernet cable from the computer, and then reconnect it, to see if Windows will immediately restore your Internet connection -- no matter how "hot" your computer may possibly be.

If you have a desktop computer, consider addingi-in a network-adapter card, to supersede the "integrated" network adapter, to see if that integrated adapter is the problem.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation