Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h9-1100eb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys ,

i have a ipisb-ch2 motherboard , my older graphic card was the Amd Radeon HD7950 but now she is dead , I want to buy a new one and I find a Zotac GeForce GTX 680 4gb

i have a non uefi bios , it’s will work with this graphic card?

thanks !!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

In theory only old graphics cards
AMD Radeon HD 6xxx cards, or a Nvidia GT (X) 6xx card
can be used
on condition of having the required power supply for the chosen model

so It should work

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-hpe-h9-1100-phoenix-desktop-pc-series/5154893/model...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer ,

my psu is 650 if I correctly remember (not under 550) for the psu it’s not problem it’s enough so it’s sure the GTX 680 4gb will work with my motherboard ?

HP Recommended

Sorry, with this type of computer, no guarantee

it may even happen that one model from one manufacturer works, but the other does not.

but

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktops-Archive-Read-Only/hpe-h8-1151sc-Graphiccard-support/td-p/4357...

. Right now i have a GTX 680 installed

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.