Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0199
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I've been looking at upgrading my desktops graphics card, however noticed that most above a GTX 1650 require a power supply with a maximum wattage of 500 or greater. I was just wondering if there's any way to specifically upgrade the proprietary power supply with another power supply, or if I'm stuck with the one that's already within the case?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dunkersplay , welcome to the Community.

As you stated, the motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  HP has a 500W (L05757-800) PSU that is compatible with your motherboard.  Here is a Chart to show you where I got this information.  While it doesn't show the 500W PSU under your model, all Rother motherboards have the same connectors.  You will have to contact HP Customer Support to see if they can sell the PSU in Canada.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Did you happen to have a means to contact them on hand?

HP Recommended

@Dunkersplay, here is a link to the Support page.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.