Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp prodesk 400 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I know someone using an    GeForce GT 1030 2GB   with an hp pc with an i7 4th gen , 255W psu for multimedia with no issues , the recommended psu is 300W, my pc has a n i5 4th gen  and 240W psu, this card max power consumption is 30W , I hear adding a 300W psu could cause a reactor meltdown,  would using this card with a 240W psu for photo editing with Photoshop CS5 damage my pc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

As far as I am aware, the PSU is proprietary and can't be upgraded.

240W should be fine for the GT 1030.  It only draws 30W as you indicated.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

As far as I am aware, the PSU is proprietary and can't be upgraded.

240W should be fine for the GT 1030.  It only draws 30W as you indicated.

HP Recommended

Just pop it in. You'll be fine.

HP Pavilion 590-p0025
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help and details which will help me in the future. This forum is great!.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help!.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.