Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One - 32-a050 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased a UPS for my recently purchased Synology NAS.  Synology had a compatibility list of UPSes.  So I chose a CyberPower CP1000AVRLCD.  It has been installed and seems fine with the NAS.

But I wanted to have a UPS for my wife's computer so I ordered a second UPS.  I have since found out that, although the UPS is good for using with the NAS, it isn't good for working with all computers.  This was the first I heard about this.  Apparently, the power supplies that come with some newer computers do not like AVR type UPS.  They want a PFC UPS.  There is something about the transition from battery to line power or vice versa that can put the PFC computers in an overload situation and could fry the power supply, the motherboard, or both.

So that leads me to my question.  Does the HP Envy All-In-One 32 a050 CTO have a PFC power supply?  I tried the online chat, but this question was beyond their knowledge and the referred me to the pay support.  I don't think I should have to pay extra to find out what kind of power supply I have in my computer.  It isn't like I'm asking them to troubleshoot or repair anything.

So, does anyone here know about the power supply and UPS with this computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I don't have any parts I want to order.  I don't even know what the part might be that PFC applies to.

I didn't want to contact HP support which would probably want some money.  

I just wondered if someone in the community knew the answer to this.

In any case, I already decided to just buy a different UPS.  One that is PFC compatible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, @mtiede,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

You may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal. 

  

Alternatively, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started: 

  

1) Click on this link

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step: 

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Click on "Show Options". Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself! 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

I don't have any parts I want to order.  I don't even know what the part might be that PFC applies to.

I didn't want to contact HP support which would probably want some money.  

I just wondered if someone in the community knew the answer to this.

In any case, I already decided to just buy a different UPS.  One that is PFC compatible.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.