Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 750-624
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Alright, so my Computer comes with no gpu but it does have a gpu slot for upgrading so i was wondering if i could upgrade it, i dont know much about pcs so plz help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

if it is this model, you must check the power supply required for the chosen graphics card
for some it is min 350w, you have 300w
if an additional pci connector is needed, is it available ( 6-pin  pci or 8 ) ?
and the dimensions, too large, it will not be able to fit!

then, given the different versions, the problems with some computers, impossible to certify if it will be compatible

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi

if it is this model, you must check the power supply required for the chosen graphics card

then, given the different versions, the problems with some computers, impossible to certify if it will be compatible

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

is this  a shopping question? for cards?

what is your product ID,  not just model.

HP Envy 750-624

THIS:?

the bara mother board has x16 slot.

the case is ( 16/16/6.5 " approx so take full hight GPU cards,  but no spec at all in the book auto  GPU ugrades.

300w PSU in the spec, all this is 1st google hit facts, not me drilling in hp complex menus.

yes GTX1650 works 75watts but not the super at 100watt there is no 6pin GPU cable inside to do that I guess.

nor does the manuals cover that. a deep secret.

ive tested my non supoer 1650 on vast PC and all work , no better card to own given that one fact and speed.

my runs 50 games in steam, 1080P.

PSU is 859757-800

the parts surfer Hp shows NO  GPU cable listed for power options and shows no GPU cards ether sold as options.

the harness on PSU shows (googling like mad) one 6pin connector, 2 pins must be 12vdc to run the SUPER

I see the PSU is almost ATX sized and wired with 4p/24p normal mobo power (best I can tell looking at photos.

HD does not spec there PSU ever. not really, for sure PSU with BIOS PSU controlled fans.  ouch

if not  you can buy a 15pin SATa to 6 pin GPU adapter and bingo  GPU super works. EBAY and amazon both sell vast cable adapters.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Alright, so does that mean I should just get a 1650? Because the Gpu im trying to get is like a single fan overclocked 1650 super soooo...

HP Recommended

has to fit and not hit things inside. (ive posted this 100  times)

has to have x16 slot, and not power limited slots, as seen on some bad MOBO sold (no names)

if over 75watts, needs 6pin aux power cable. or the GPU fails. the 6pin jack on that SUPER< is NOT OPTIONAL

then you need to ask now to install it and not blow parts up. next.

needs to have ports you want on your monitor DP is best, end to end. no montor told.

does not overheat the PC,  my guess not. inside.

if using SECURE boot now, this can be a headache.  even reloaded the OS to maKe it works.  UEFI class 2, not class 3 I have no comments on any CLASS3 UEFI new PCs 2020, not me not ever, I will never own one, .

I think I hit ever line item GPU. (done vast me for decades) 

12 makers of cards and vast forms sold,  even 3 fan huge models that love to hit THINGS.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

@Prométhée wrote:

hi

@aus3  reread my answer, it is simple and precise

you can install a graphics card that requires a max 300w power supply
And check if the required connectors are present, no graphics cards too big / large

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

alright, thank you 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.