Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-0000i (8BG56AV)

Hey, I have done a lot of research but have gotten varying/unreliable answers on this topic so I'm asking here. Also keep in mind I don't know too much about pc's as I'm more of a beginner on pcs. I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1120 and wanted to know if I will be able to upgrade my GTX 1660 to an rtx 2060 as I think that's one of the biggest graphics cards that can fit in my case. So if anyone can help or give any recommendations that would be great. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ohyaboiiii , welcome to the Community.

The specifications for your computer don't state the wattage of the power supply unit (PSU).  The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  It is important to have the correct power and necessary connectors to upgrade.  HP has a 500W (L05757-800) PSU that should be compatible with your motherboard.  You should contact HP Customer Support to assure that it is compatible before purchasing it.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will explain what to consider when adding or upgrading a video card.  Once you read the article you will have a better understanding of what you need to do.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

hi @Ohyaboiiii  @old_geekster 

sorry

"HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1120 and wanted to know if I will be able to upgrade my GTX 1660"

could you just confirm, because it may be a good thing to ask to change the hp information..
it is this model of computer:

Product Number
328S5AA
Product Name
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1120 PC

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c07955567

the card is original or already changed
I ask because if we look at the product page it is indicated

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

and parts page we just have this

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer/?searchtext=328S5AA&searchby=product

Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX1150Ti 4GB FH x16 G6

power supply could be

L69242-800
Power Supply - 400W cDT23 FR Gold

sorry for this intrusion, but if we don't have the right documents, we can say errors to users...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.