Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G4 Desktop Mini PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I work partly from home, partly from work. Having to hook up the computer in two different places is annoying as I keep the computer and all wires inside my home desk's keyboard drawer to have enough room on my desktop. I can't find any information about a docking station (or something else) where I can plug in my monitors, keyboard/mouse, speakers, webcam, etc. permanently while only having to connect/disconnect the PC when using elsewhere.

Sorry if this is not the right community, I wasn't sure.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@tracy419 

Do you use a dock at work ? If yes, please buy a same one to WFH. I used to work at least 3 different places: Home, primary office and secondary office and my employer gave me same setup to all 3 places.

If you wish to set on only at home, a standard USB dock will allow you to connect mouse, keyboard, monitor .... and all you need is to connect to USB cable and power to your machine.

Do you actually have to carry your computer around ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien I don’t have a docking station at work. I technically could rely on my personal computer at home and work computer at work, but it’s not efficient for me . I’d purchased a usb-c docking station and it didn’t work (despite having the port). Do you think a USB docking station would?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.