Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Touch Smart (HP PAV TS 21-h 140t AiO PC)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings, and thanks very much for your help.

I'm trying to transfer a good number of documents from an old (and pretty disabled) tablet (not HP). They're on an SD card that I would love to be able to use to transfer them to my Pavilion. I can not do a direct transfer via USB cord or other means from this old tablet) 

This is a pretty old Pavilion - hopefully the model number conveys enough info regarding that. 

I've looked pretty well, but may have missed a slot if there is one. Also, this machine was originally OS 8 but was updated to  OS 10 a while back.

If there is not a card slot and compatible reader (given the OS upgrade?),  if you have suggestions on what external device and software I could get to use to transfer the docs it would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks again very much!

JT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

if your model is this

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 21-h140t All-in-One

product number: G5G21AV

it is mentioned :

Productivity ports
  • 7-in-1 multimedia card reader + 2 USB 3.0 + headphone + microphone

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04332634

maybe

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c04014873

Side I/O ports

4 Memory card reader and Activity LED

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

if your model is this

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 21-h140t All-in-One

product number: G5G21AV

it is mentioned :

Productivity ports
  • 7-in-1 multimedia card reader + 2 USB 3.0 + headphone + microphone

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04332634

maybe

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c04014873

Side I/O ports

4 Memory card reader and Activity LED

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Promethee, Thanks very much! 

As it turns out, this is a micro SD card (SanDisk Ultra Plus 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Memory Card). 

Are you aware of an external micro SD card reader (from HP, or other source) that I can connect (eg by USB) to my PC to transfer files?

Thanks for any information you may have. 

regards,

JT

HP Recommended

It is mentioned that it is a 7/1 drive, it could work, if needed with a simple adapter
Unfortunately I never use an SD card
As for the USB drive, if this is the only solution, I have nothing to advise you specifically.
But as long as it's a reputable brand, anything can be fine I think.
I did not know but I saw that it is done with a simple usb key like this for example:

71ryBVQqy5L._AC_SL1500_

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you very much! This is very helpful. As is quite apparent by now,  I haven't used micro SD cards before. I will get that SanDisk USB adapter you have shown in the photo. I did not even know about the adapter that is included with the card that allows one to use the slot that is in this Pavilion! I've successfully transferred the docs now using the card adapter- but the USB adapter is much more handy, and I'll use that in the future.

Thanks again for the help.

Best,

JT 

HP Recommended

😉

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.