JMalloy353
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard & Mouse are flakey

HP Pavillion 595 P0084
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this computer about 10 days ago. The Keyboard and Mouse work good at times, but then become flakey for a while, then they will recover and start working ok again. This keeps happening good then bad then good again, and so on and so on. When it's acting flakey, moving the coursor with the mouse is slow or it will not move at all. When the keyboard is not functioning correctly, my keystrokes do not appear in the document for a time, then I might see several of one or two characters, Like this HHHHHHHelllllllooo. I suspect I am getting interference from something, but I do not know what.

Is there a trick to making these two items work correctly, or to find out what is causing the problem? Or will I have to replace the Keyboard and Mouse on a brand new computter? Thanks in advance for the help.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,767 17,757 1,179 1,834
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JMalloy353,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you uninstall the keyboard and mouse driver from device manager and restart the computer and test.

Here is how it is done.

Uninstall:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

If you continue to face the issue, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-pavilion-595-p0000-desktop-pc-series/19390512/model/21761856...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
JMalloy353
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed your instructions and removed the mouse & keboard in Device Manager. Then I removed the USB reciever from the USB port. I had added a second (wired) keyboard for the times when the wireless one was not working. I used that second keyboard to reboot the computer. After the reboot I put the USB reciever back in. The Mouse & Keyboard were detected immediately and are back up and working. But.... are they working correctly? I will have to wait and see if they are working good now. The problem was intermittant.  I will let you know if & when they start giving me problems again.

In the mean time, thank you for your support. I hope this fixed my problem.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JMalloy353,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Please test the mouse and the keyboard and see if the issue is resolved.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
JMalloy353
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately that did NOT fix my problem. Both the keyboard and mouse are still messing up.

What is in common to both devices? The USB reciever. 

I will look at the link in your original response.

0 Kudos
JMalloy353
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just clicked on the link you entered in your first response to my message.

I have already tried all those things. I seached for possible ways to resolve this problem, and found and tried those tips  just before posting my query.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JMalloy353,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
luemoonbay
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, I have a new HP Pavilion 595 and have the exact same issue with the keyboard & mouse. What solution was sent in the private message? Thank you.

0 Kudos
JMalloy353
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It was 9 months ago that I had this problem. I knew back then that it was a bad USB receiver.

I was hoping that HP support would offer to send me a replacement, but they never did.

I resolved my trouble by going out and buying a new keyboard and mouse.

HP support was happy with my solution. No cost to them. 

0 Kudos
luemoonbay
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, that's disappointing to hear. Although I really appreciate you, at least, getting back to me so quickly, and with useful information - thank you!! If I don't hear back from HP Support, I'll be posting some negative reviews.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation