Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion 500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i turn on my pc the mouse and keyboard come on but after 10secs they turn off and do not turn on but in bios they both work and i have tried to switch the usb ports but that does not work either.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Jazz175

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the keyboard and the mouse are not working.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

·         When was the last time the computer was working fine?

·         Do you use wired or wireless keyboard/Mouse?

·         Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

·         Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to uninstall the keyboard and mouse from device manager and restart the computer and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. Right-click the bottom left corner of your computer's Start screen. Select "Device Manager."

2. Click the arrow next to "Mice and Other Pointing Devices."

3. Right-click the mouse driver you want to remove and select "Properties."

4. Click the "Driver" tab in the Properties window.

5. Click "Uninstall" if you want to completely remove the driver. Check the box next to "Delete the Driver Software for This Device," and then click "OK."

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Jazz175

I haven't heard from you,
This Post is with reference to the thread you had recently created at your friendly neighborhood (HP Forums),
I would like to know if the resolution I had provided worked for you?
Please reply back in your public post as the private message board is not always monitored
If you have any other queries, feel free to reply back to the The_Fossette,
And Thank You for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 
Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  
Have a great day!”

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.