Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy 750-167c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was installing a PCIe card and somehow accidentally knocked lose two tiny cords. I don't know what they are or where to hook them back up. The one end of them goes to the power supply box, but I can't figure out where the connectors go.

These are the cords:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hTW9xZam-QduUrebY7ANTaT2f-iyC7cK/view?usp=sharing

If anybody can help me figure out where to reattach them, it would be greatly appreciated. Some kind of photo or diagram would be even better. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The antenna wires attach to the wireless network adapter.  Looking at the picture of the motherboard below, I believe you will find the wifi adapter located just below the light and dark blue SATA ports located on the lower right side of the illustration.

The wifi adapter will have two terminals on it where the ends of the antenna cables snap onto.

A picture of a representative wifi adapter is below the motherboard picture.

Odense motherboard top view

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168NGW 433M Wifi BT4.0 NGFF M.2 Card For IBM Lenovo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

UPDATE: I'm thinking maybe these have something to do with the wifi? I turned on the computer and have no wifi. When I run diagnostics, it says "a network cable is not properly plugged in". I'm assuming that's it...I just don't know where to plug them in.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The antenna wires attach to the wireless network adapter.  Looking at the picture of the motherboard below, I believe you will find the wifi adapter located just below the light and dark blue SATA ports located on the lower right side of the illustration.

The wifi adapter will have two terminals on it where the ends of the antenna cables snap onto.

A picture of a representative wifi adapter is below the motherboard picture.

Odense motherboard top view

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168NGW 433M Wifi BT4.0 NGFF M.2 Card For IBM Lenovo

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! That was very helpful and the exact solution. I'm back up and running.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.