Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN 870-206na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unable to set up the OMEN Control LCD lighting. Setting Single colour,  or any settings including off, is not saved. Each time bootup is carried out,it  requires resetting again the OMEN Control. What is please, the correct procedure or is there a fault? Assistance on this will be most appreciated. Thanks.

45 REPLIES 45
HP Recommended

Hi @weeman,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you are having issues setting up LCD lighting on your HP Omen PC. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

I have found a wonderful document which should help you resolve this issue, let's try to reinstall the Omen X controller and then install it from our HP support website

Here is the link: configuring the LED Lighting with the HP OMEN Control App

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for response. Unable to find OMEN LED Control App, only find the instructions. Weeman.

HP Recommended

Hi @weeman,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you are unable to find Omen LED controller app, I would suggest you download and install it from this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76864.exe

Next thing, I would suggest here is to install the HP System Event Utility, click here: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76383.exe

For more assistance on configuring the Controller app, here is the link.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for information. I downloaded both sp files and installed OMEN LED controller prior to my previous post. I find on a cold start of computer, LED controller displays two or three colour cycle before settling to colour selected by me. This was achieved by reinstalling the LED controller. Is my setting correctly carried out, or should the preset colour start when computer is switched on?

HP Recommended

Hi @weeman,

Thanks for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Let me research on this issue, before I could provide you with any suggestions. so request you for additional time. I'll, keep you posted.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No trouble time wise, your help appreciated. weeman.

HP Recommended

@weeman

It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your post and as it appears the settings are being calibrated exactly as they should be working,

I've been informed that the LCD controller has now been installed and it is working fine, now...is that right?

Keep me posted, 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was mistaken in thinking error had been corrected. The LED is again cycling the Colour scheme even though the Control is set to [OFF]. In fact none of the settings work. At each new cold start of the computer, Control resets to the Colour cycle. I am not surprised, as I have no access to a "Save" of any "Cycle" marked in Control. Control only displays the Colours etc, but no refeference to Save. weeman

HP Recommended

Hi @weeman,

Thanks for replying,

As I understand you are still having the issue with the settings keeps reverting back upon each restart. I would suggest this could be an issue with the user profile. Let's try to delete this profile and create a new one. 

To delete a profile, right-click the profile you want to delete, and then select Delete in the Profile drop-down menu.

A user profile is a group of settings that are customized and saved for a specific game or player.

To create a user profile, complete the following steps.

1. Under Profile, click the plus (+) sign.

Profile1, along with a shortcut key combination for launching the profile, display in the box.

Figure : Creating a new profile

Creating a new profile

For more details, please follow this link.(Please ignore the header as these steps should work for desktop as well).

Keep me posted,

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.