Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @weeman,

Thank you for the details, I will check with one of our R&D teams and get back to you with more information.

If you don't hear from me in the next 72 business hours, send me a private message as a reminder.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@weeman wrote:

At the present time, it is required of me to open the OMEN Control icon and then click its open window and close it at each computer power up. Color selected remains until computer is again powered down.

That's exactly the same what I experience with my Omen 870-095na since I powered it up for the first ime. My chosen scheme (CPU load) works only until computer is restarted, and then it reverts fo default (static blue or red).

So it's a bug, not a feature.

HP Recommended

krzemien, thanks for confirming that I am not alone with this error. Are you experiencing the same difference  between the contents of the Manual and installed OMEN Control software? If this be the case, either Manual or Software is out of date, or entirely differrent. weeman.

HP Recommended

As the responses from HP reps (bots?) are confusing and entirely non-descriptive, this is how my Omen Control looks like:

Omen Control.png

Link properties:

Properties.png

This is pre-installed on this machine and as far as I'm concenred has never been updated.

EDIT TO ADD: it looks to me that links to manuals that HP refer to are related to OMEN X Desktop.

HP Recommended

Mine is shown with the HP Red coloured Logo. (square but tilted to the left).

HP Recommended

It will be a while before pictures will be approved.

OMEN Control shortcut indeed has red OMEN logo next to it, however it leads to (right-click and 'Open file location' twice):
HPPhoenixCtrl.exe, within C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HPPhoenixCtrl folder.

File version I have is 1.1.4.0.

HP Recommended

Your top  picture is similar to mine, except colours are squares (9). Nothing else for updates or saving settings. weeman.

HP Recommended

I have since buying HP OMEN 870-203na computer for a solution to the malfunction ot the LED Control and to date no solution has surfaced. No settings in OMEM Control is found due to lack of saving. Removing OMEM Control preinstalled has no effect, as each boot up still show four individual colours in sequence. There is no way at the moment in stopping or choosing a single colour. HP has yet to respond other than by forum members. A solution would certainly be appreciated. Does HP no longer care for its customers? weeman. 

HP Recommended

@weeman,

Have you read this discussion?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Yes indeed, and appear to be going round in circles for a solution. Why is the installed OMEM Control not have the "Installed save facility" that is mentioned in the help manual. If you are unable to save your settings within Control, how can each  new Computer "Bootup" remember the last session settings? Can you offer as to a reason for the omission??? this would be most appreciated. weeman.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.