Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Control Profile, where can this be found as I have not come accross it on my computer? Certainly it does not appear in OMEN Control on my computer set up. weeman. 

HP Recommended

an you please advise as to where the Profile can be found as it does not appear in OMEN Control. weeman.

HP Recommended

Hi @weeman,

Thanks for the update,

As I understand you are having difficulty finding the profile option under your HP Omen controller app. Don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help you to resolve this issue,

First thing, I would suggest here is to launch Recovery Manager - now click on Application and driver reinstallation on the top left - Scroll down and check for HP Omen controller or for HP Canoe Lighting, If you see one, please Install this and then once done restart your PC.

If this option is not available in the Recovery manager program, I would suggest the next step would be to create a New User account (Local with administrative privileges).

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you perform a system recovery. Doing this will wipe off everything and set the computer back to the original factory conditions. So, please remember to back up your data before initiating system recovery. If for some reason the recovery fails. The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The OMEN Control Panel has never worked properly on the new Desktop computer and neither did it work on the first computer which was replaced due to a fault DVD Player. 

HP Recommended

Hi @weeman,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you are having this issue from day one, 

That said, I'm curious to know the end result of this case,

Did the previously suggested steps help identify or resolve your concern?

Please do perform the steps I had suggested as well and get back to me with the results for further assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OMEN Control appears to have settled for the past two days as it did previously. What is puzzling me is, software described above is not in comparison to my installed copy. I down loaded  my copy a few days ago direct from HP and I presume that this copy is current. 

HP Recommended

Hi @weeman,

Thank you for the replying,

I'm glad to hear it's working, please keep the PC under observation and check how it performs.

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your diagram is nothing to the OMEN Control installed on my computer. It shows: Lighting Mode. [* Single Colour       ].

[  Simple  Advanced  ]. 12 cubes of different colours (Selected colour is ticked.

In Advanced : Hue. Saturation.  Brightness. These are all the settings available. There is no option to save the Settings. At present, I require to click the Control Icon each time that I cold start the computer.   

HP Recommended

Hi @weeman,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have already exhausted all the steps suggested and still having the issue, 

I would suggest you give us 72 hours so that we can research on this and get back to with more information.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. At the present time, it is required of me to open the OMEN Control icon and then click its open window and close it at each computer power up. Color selected remains until computer is again powered down. What I can not ubderstand, is to why the Manual settings is different to the installed Control software. I will await your findings on a hopeful solution. weeman.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.