Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart IQ510uk

Hi, 

I have an HP TouchSmart IQ510uk Desktop and I have accidentaly broken the LCD display. 

I was looking on the internet to buy a new display, but I cound't find one for this type of TouchSmart. 

Is there any other display that is compatible with HP TouchSmart IQ510uk Desktop ?

Thank you, 

MIhaela Gosman 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yeah I say its time to buy a more recent computer as your more then likely need to buy one as there dont seem to be any more displays for that model as its over 8 years old 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I searched on google for you and found these https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=HP+TouchSmart+IQ510uk... dont know if any of these are any good for you? Have you tried Ebay etc or simply ring hp for a repair if under warrenty?

“Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

It appears that since the AIO is from the 2008 model year, a replacement display is almost impossible to find. It is no longer manufactured.

I recommend that you consider upgrading to a something a bit more recent.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yeah thats true but cant you buy a display on ebay etc if out of warrenty? Surely that be cheaper option for the client? 

HP Recommended

@MasterTechGuy

Out of warranty doesn't even come close. We are talking about an eight-year-old All-In-One desktop PC.  There are no displays available at the link that you posted.

A PC does not last forever. Seven to eight years qualifies as a fantastic service life for a PC product.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, 

I've searched on google, ebay and amazon and I cound't find this model. 

Indeed, a PC doesn't last forever but It's working fine, even if the display is broken. Taking into consideration that this PC is used by my mother, it doesn't require a more powerful PC. 

I was thinking just to replace the broken display. 

Thank you, 

Mihaela 

HP Recommended

Very true I wish my computers last that long 🙂 I guess they would need a new computer unless it has a vga output so they can plug in an external monitor a non touchscreen if that works? What u think Hp Expert?

HP Recommended

Yeah I say its time to buy a more recent computer as your more then likely need to buy one as there dont seem to be any more displays for that model as its over 8 years old 

HP Recommended

You could try but if you have a vga output then its up to you but really could do with a new one even at the same specs just buy a second hand computer will do. Hope I helped you good luck. 🙂 

“Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

@MasterTechGuy There is no VGA output on the model of AIO PC that the member has. That was only for models with more features.

If you can't source the part what does that leave you with? 

HP does not sell the part and neither do vendors. 

Maybe you will get lucky and find a second-hand screen that works and then again, maybe not.

That is why there does exist a pint where sourcing another PC, new or used is the only real option.

It is unfortunate that the PC is an AIO type. They have their serious limitations.

They look cool, but can't really be upgraded or in this case, even repaired.

@creatzamk

You should be able to get a refurbished PC at a really good price. Just go online and look up refurbished PCs. There is a flourishing market for them and they are quite cheap.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.