RaviRacho
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Left side USB port (2 ports) not working in My HP All-in-One

HP All-in-One - 20-r012in
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Left side USB port (2 ports) not working in My HP All-in-One - 20-r012in. When I checked in the BIOS settings for USB option, it is not enabled and hidden.

Even rear side port (2 ports) working fine but Left side USB port (2 ports) not working.

The Desktop has pre-installed Windows 8 OS by HP.

Requesting suggestions and solution.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
46,713 40,974 4,447 11,583
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @RaviRacho ,

Invoke the Device Manager and go to Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Now find  the Intel USB 3.0 Extensible Host. Right click it, select properties Click on the driver tab. Now click on Update Driver and the click on search automatically for updated driver software.

Do make certain that you have the latest BIOS installed. Your BIOS version should be up to the one at the link on the line below this one.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-20-r000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/7...

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
You can click on accept as solution if my post or reply was the information you needed to resolve your issue.
You can say thanks for my response by clicking on the blue thumbs up.
0 Kudos
RBump
Level 1
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will keep an eye on the replies as i have the same issue as you just with the 19 inch screen model. So far my pc doesn't recognize the factory  slimline keyboard or mouse. First the USB3.0 slots messed up and then the 2 standard ones. Now it doesn't recognize  the new keyboard i bought 3 days ago and the mouse is getting glitchy. If it wasn't for the onscreen keyboard I wouldn't even be on my pc right now. I hope your problem doesn't progress as mine has. The really irritating thing is I followed all HP support's directions and things are even worse. I bet you checked the drivers too and your pc told you that you have the correct drivers and everything should be working...BUT IT ISN'T!  I hope in your situation that there isn't a child waiting to catch up on homeschooling as there is in mine. HP better step up to the plate or this will be the last product i ever buy with their logo on it.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation