Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elite 700-056 Motherboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It has 4 pins on two sides and is about 1/8 inch square....probably.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@James-Osbourne Are you asking where the BIOS Chip is located? If yes, I must let you know that there's not much information available about the chip as we neither support nor recommend chip level servicing, if the device requires a chip replacement, you are referred to HP support to replace the motherboard as per HP Guidelines, that said, here's all I can help you with:

Here's the motherboard blueprint/layout for your reference:

And the picture of the motherboard (original)

Photograph of motherboard

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@James-Osbourne Are you asking where the BIOS Chip is located? If yes, I must let you know that there's not much information available about the chip as we neither support nor recommend chip level servicing, if the device requires a chip replacement, you are referred to HP support to replace the motherboard as per HP Guidelines, that said, here's all I can help you with:

Here's the motherboard blueprint/layout for your reference:

And the picture of the motherboard (original)

Photograph of motherboard

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Great.  Now I can find the battery.  

Just goofing. 

Thank you for your help. That old motherboard is full of ram and has a low-end professional video card and a lot of Video software installed. I think I I shall identify the next upgrade motherboard that will accept the DDR3 memory.  

For 18 bucks I can get a new BIOS chip with the latest version of the CMOS, if I cannot find an upgrade board that is compatable.

Thank you for your help. 

James

HP Recommended

@James-Osbourne The pleasure is all mine,

I'm glad I could be of assistance, that said, have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.