Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillon 24xt All-in-one PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The above subject was shipped with the above computer but was not listed on the setup information.

How and if is it suppose to be used?

Thanks!

Cheers

Alex S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I have no idea what this hex wrench is for. 

I cannot find anything in Part Surfer for this part number (it is not in HP part number format) and I suspect it was left in the box erroneously. 

We have no current User-Maintenance procedures that require any In-Box tools for AiO PCs or Desktop PCs. 

Not sure if that helps - but enjoy the free tool....

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@scand, welcome back to the forum.

I have asked the appropriate person within HP where you need the wrench.  I will get back to you when I have the answer.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I have no idea what this hex wrench is for. 

I cannot find anything in Part Surfer for this part number (it is not in HP part number format) and I suspect it was left in the box erroneously. 

We have no current User-Maintenance procedures that require any In-Box tools for AiO PCs or Desktop PCs. 

Not sure if that helps - but enjoy the free tool....

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

@scand, I hope that explanation helps.  I guess you have a new tool in your toolbox.

HP Recommended

Strange!!

It was found within shipping container from HP Store inside a sealed plastic bag with the number under a barcode, One end is a hex head and the other is somewhat indented!

If I ever lose it, I have a scan photo copy under Folder HP?!

THanks!

Cheers

Alex S.

HP Recommended

Yes, strange, @scand.  If you ever need a wrench like it you can thank HP! :Wink:

HP Recommended

It fits the screws that attach the base to the monitor, so I'm going with that. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
:Wink:
HP Recommended

From what I can see by looking underneath, the stand is one solid peace attached to to the back of the monitor. No sign of such screws inder the base from what I can see.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Ales S.

HP Recommended

That's strange.  My base has 4 screws that can be removed using the hex key.

20161203_132011.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks1

I see that now.

Located up somewhat indented.

Everything came assembled and nothing mentioned about the key!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.