Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1185t
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello HP Community,

At home, I own a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop (TG01-1185t) that I have modified once by changing the ram out of it.

Currently, I am looking at upgrading the graphics card in the computer, in order to ensure that the computer gets enough power to support the Nvidia RTX 3060 card that I'm looking at purchasing in the future. However, since HP doesn't directly sell their proprietary power supplies directly on their website, and due to that I can't find any information on what kind of power supply I need to get for this job, I was wondering if one of you folks on the site would be able to help me find a power supply that I can upgrade to with a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1185t?

(For reference, my current Power Supply is 400w, and I'm hoping to find a Power Supply that is at least 500w and compatible with my PC in order to support that bare minimum power that the 3060 will need).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@WalnutMeat,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

The only 500 watt OEM-HP power supply option for your HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1185t (Baker (SSID: 8767) motherboard) has part number: HP L05757-800 and could be purchased here: https://www.sparepartworld.com/laptop-spare-parts/internal-power-supplies/internal-power-supplies-l0....

The only problem is that this power supply has one 6+2-pin PCIe and one 6-pin PCIe power cables, because if your graphics card requires two 8-pin (6+2) PCIe power connections, this power supply wouldn't work.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@WalnutMeat,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

The only 500 watt OEM-HP power supply option for your HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1185t (Baker (SSID: 8767) motherboard) has part number: HP L05757-800 and could be purchased here: https://www.sparepartworld.com/laptop-spare-parts/internal-power-supplies/internal-power-supplies-l0....

The only problem is that this power supply has one 6+2-pin PCIe and one 6-pin PCIe power cables, because if your graphics card requires two 8-pin (6+2) PCIe power connections, this power supply wouldn't work.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hello @NonSequitur777, thank you for the fast reply.

And fortunately, it looks like this power supply is going to work with the GPU I'm looking at getting, since it only uses 1 8-pin connector (Amazon.com: ASUS Phoenix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 Gaming Graphics Card- PCIe 4.0, 12GB GDDR6 memor...) for its power needs. So, it looks like you found me the power supply I need, thus ending my 2-hour witch hunt for a proprietary power supply.

You're my lifesaver tonight, my good man. Thank you for the fast and efficient help!

HP Recommended

@WalnutMeat,

You are quite welcome -if you are so inclined, please follow up and share your experience once you got your power supply and GPU installed.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@WalnutMeat,

And by the way, the Asus Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB card you referenced is an excellent pick.

I am glad to see that high(er) end graphics cards have come down in price considerably!

Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@NonSequitur77,

Yeah, same here man, happy that I can finally afford a decent card at a reasonable price range. I'm sure a lot of tech users are... except for maybe the cryptobros, but hey, wins all-around for everyone else in the PC market.

Thanks again for the help, and hope you have a nice day.

Regards, WalnutMeat.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.