Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700-200Z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking to upgrade my graphics card from the old VGA card to something with HDMI port(s).  What is compatible with the 

HP ENVY 700-200Z?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Big-P!

Here is a small, but powerful, video card that should fit nicely into your case and work with the 300W PSU: https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-gtx-1050-ti-4g-oc/p/N82E16814137056

It has the HDMI 1.2 port that you wanted, but it also has a DisplayPort which is higher resolution if you ever need it.  The video slot on your motherboard is PCI Express 2.0 x16 and the card is PCI Express 3.0.  It is backward compatible.  The card is not a barn-burner, but since you don't game it will be more than sufficient.

You should read the Customer Reviews to see what they have to say about it.

Good luck!

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Big-P , welcome to the forum.

When you ordered the computer in 2013, you had the option of choosing a 300W or 460W power supply unit (PSU).  Which one did you choose?  It will make a difference of which video cards you can use without upgrading the PSU.  Also, how do you want to use the computer; gaming, browsing, etc.?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the welcome.  I am afraid I don't remember the selection for choosing a 300W or 460W power supply unit (PSU).  Can I find this info on the unit itself?  The computer is mostly used for work and light browsing.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Big-P!

Yes, you may be able to see the wattage if you look at the back of the computer where the cord plugs into the power supply unit (PSU).  If not, you will have to open the side panel to see the information on the label.

HP Recommended

The PSU is a 300W

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Big-P!

Here is a small, but powerful, video card that should fit nicely into your case and work with the 300W PSU: https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-gtx-1050-ti-4g-oc/p/N82E16814137056

It has the HDMI 1.2 port that you wanted, but it also has a DisplayPort which is higher resolution if you ever need it.  The video slot on your motherboard is PCI Express 2.0 x16 and the card is PCI Express 3.0.  It is backward compatible.  The card is not a barn-burner, but since you don't game it will be more than sufficient.

You should read the Customer Reviews to see what they have to say about it.

Good luck!

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you much

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Big-P!  Glad to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.