Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (200 Views)
Accepted Solution

Looking to purchase motherboard

Product Name: HP ENVY: 700-515xt
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi there,

Son recently removed the motherboard along with ram and chipset from his HP ENVY: 700-515xt to use on another tower where he did some addtions and upgrades with additional hardware. I currently have the HP tower with mo motherboard and chipset etc. I'd like to replace with the same motherboard and chipset that it had. where would I be able to purchase the needed hardware?

Thanks in advance for your time.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Looking to purchase motherboard

@gdmomof5,

I would suggest you have your son put it all back.  By the time you price the motherboard, CPU, heatsink & fan, NEW retail WIN 10, RAM, and  PSU,  it would exceed the value.

Then,  work out a bargain.  He works off the value of a new gaming motherboard kit (board, CPU, heatsink & fan, and RAM, and PSU.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (176 Views)

Re: Looking to purchase motherboard

[ Edited ]

@gdmomof5,

I would suggest you have your son put it all back.  By the time you price the motherboard, CPU, heatsink & fan, NEW retail WIN 10, RAM, and  PSU,  it would exceed the value.

Then,  work out a bargain.  He works off the value of a new gaming motherboard kit (board, CPU, heatsink & fan, and RAM, and PSU.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served.
Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

Loaner: Envy Omen Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 7th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070M 8GB Discrete Graphics (16GB RAM) 512GB m.2 SSD
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme8GB, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation